with Chesapeake Shakespeare Company
"Lawrence as Emilie carries the play seamlessly.... She does this believably while allowing the audience to understand the charm, wit, and intelligence of this woman."
- DC Metro Arts review of Émilie: La Marquise du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight (full review)
"Creating an interesting and lively individual with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, Lawrence crafts an Emilie with whom the audience can strongly empathize."
- Theatre Bloom review of Émilie: La Marquise du Châtelet Defends Her Life Tonight (full review)
"Watching Lawrence respond to the cast on stage brightens up the entire stage and seems to energize both the other actors and the audience."
- Maryland Theatre Guide review of Arcadia (full review)
"Lawrence is deeply moving in her strained tension and immobility as Celine"
- DCTheatreScene.com review of Hello | Brother (Capital Fringe) (full review)
"[Karen Lawrence] created a complex and intriguing character as a lady who suspects she's been wronged."
- Alexandria Gazette Packet review of Lady Windermere's Fan (full review)
"Windermere, played with quiet authority by Karen Lawrence"
- AlexandriaNews.org review of Lady Windermere's Fan (full review)
"Karen Lawrence as Mrs. Cecelia DeLaunay Pettison, a steely Confederate Southern belle ... [is] mesmerizing in [her] historical persona"
- Gazette Packet review of Shiloh Rules